Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Bobble Bear - FREE Graph

 


I have recently become addicted to creating what I call 'bobble graph panels' and have started a collection of animals, that will most likely end up in some kind of patchwork blanket design, or maybe even a doona cover design...(but more on that later!). I have really loved creating these on my old school graph paper, as I find sketching them is quite relaxing, especially as we in Victoria find ourselves in lockdown 5.0!

 

I have included my very first bobble panel graph, the bobble bear, for you here below. Simply put, each square represents two stitches. The white squares are 2 single crochet (sc) stitches each (FYI - I use US terms) and the grey squares are a 5dc-bobble stitch followed by a sc. The bobble rounds are worked from the back (wrong side facing), with a return row of single crochet, working with the right side facing, making up each row of squares on the graph.

 

Please let me know what you think of the bobble bear and don't forget to tag me in on your makes @MuchAdoAboutCrochet (#muchadoaboutcrochet) on Instagram or Facebook. 

I would really love to see what you make 💕 

 

 Basic Instructions
 
  • The FC is 86 chains +1 turning chain (which does not count as a stitch). Each row will always contain 86 stitches with a turning chain.
  • The first two rows are worked in sc to establish a base, with each subsequent even row also being 86 sc, working with right side facing.
  • Bobble stitch - worked with wrong side facing in uneven rows from row 3:
    1. Yarn over, insert hook into stitch, yo and pull up a loop. Yo and pull through two loops (first part of double crochet stitch) leaving 2 loops on hook.
    2. Repeat (1.) until you have 6 loops on your hook.
    3. Yo and pull through all 6 loops to complete the bobble.
  • Depending on the yarn used, you may be able to carry your yarn along the project, to minimise the number of ends to weave in.

 

Feel free to experiment with this design. I have also used this graph to make a C2C bear and thought that even a fillet crochet version would work too.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LADY BETTY GRANNY SQUARE

  I feel as though I must apologise for my long absence here and I really do not have a good excuse, except for the time it takes to write u...